top of page

Learn more

For more installation tips, decoration ideas, information about new products, and more, don't forget to subscribe to our email list (don't worry, you can always unsubscribe).

What is EnduraFlood?

EnduraFlood is the revolutionary, patent-pending floodproof drywall system that helps you prevent drywall damage from future water events.


All components are 100% waterproof, and the wall can easily be opened for inspection, to dry out the cavity, or to change wet insulation.

How does EnduraFlood help protect against mold in the wall?

For mold to grow, four conditions have to be met:

  • mold food,

  • mold spores,

  • appropriate temperatures,

  • considerable moisture.


The paper sheets that cover the gypsum material of drywall panels, as well as the wood of a typical stud wall installation are the perfect nutrients for mold. Mold spores, while hard or impossible to see with the naked eye, exist almost anywhere, just waiting for the right conditions. When flooding strikes, the water penetrates not only the drywall itself, but also the area behind it.


Without the wall space behind the wall drying out, the now permanently wet space of dark moist, organic material is the perfect storm for mold growth.

That's why the lower two feet of drywall have to be removed immediately after water damage, and the wall has to be dried out before the drywall is replaced.


The ability of EnduraFlood to be removed immediately after water damage occurs is the key to helping prevent mold growth. Because EnduraFlood panels can be removed and reused after the appropriate dry-out time, they are the easiest and most convenient way to protect walls of basements and other flood prone areas from mold growth.

Who performs the installation?

Installing EnduraFlood is easy! With the help of our how-to videos, anyone can install a EnduraFlood system quickly and easily. Any contractor can do it, and in fact it's so easy, many homeowners can do it, as long as they have just a little bit DIY experience, as well as some basic tools.


Here is how it works:


  1. Measure the total length of the walls where you want to install EnduraFlood, as well as the height of the vertical transition you are looking for (Usually 24" or 36", but other heights are possible)

  2. Count the number of inside corners, as well as outside corners you will be including

  3. Calculate the number of items you need. Follow the simple 1-2-3 Step Process, or consider using our handy Project Estimator

  4. Order the desired items from our intuitive online shop

  5. Once you receive your items, you are ready to do the installation!

If you would like to be connected to an Approved EnduraFlood Contractor in your area, please email the EnduraFlood Customer Support team at

Selecting your EnduraFlood components is as easy as 1-2-3 

1. Wall Panel

There are two types of wall panels to choose from:

  • EnduBoards

    • Strong, lightweight, easy to cut, smooth, ship from EnduraFlood

    • available in wainscoting style

  • 0.42" Cement boards

    • Textured, heavier, more difficult to cut, available at local DIY centers​

2. Trim

Depending on the thickness of your existing drywall, you have several options available. Most likely, you will have 1/2" drywall in your rooms. This is by far the most commonly used drywall thickness in residential homes and properties.

For 1/2" drywall, you can choose between the most economical UNI-TRIM PVC ribbon, PVC Chair rail trim, and Brushed Aluminum.

Standard PVC ribbon trim is available for 5/8" drywall thickness.

3. Fasteners

Choose from the most appropriate fasteners for your installation, which are available in the EnduraFlood online shop.

As always, we recommend using the Project Estimator to automatically create a recommended material list for your project.



Can EnduraFlood be used on a 5/8" thick drywall?

Yes, EnduraFlood can be installed with a 5/8" drywall above. Use HORI-TRIM/58 for the vertical separation between the drywall and panels.

Use UNI-TRIM for the horizontal separation between the panels as always.

My walls are still closed. I don't know what I will find after I open the drywall. How sure can I be that EnduraFlood can be installed?

Most interior walls of residential homes in the US are built with 2x4 or 2x6 wooden frame walls, and with 1/2" drywall. Some homes have 5/8" drywall, and some may have a metal frame with metal studs. Light commercial properties, like retail and office buildings are more likely to have metal studs.

You can use the EnduraFlood System in any of these cases. If your wall is still closed, we recommend opening it in an inconspicuous area to inspect, before ordering your parts. 

Your videos show mostly wooden studs. Should there not be metal studs in areas that can see flooding?

There are different theories and opinions about what stud material is best in floodprone areas. All materials have their pros and cons. While metal sounds more durable, galvanized steel will rust quickly at the cut edges, since the protective galvanized surface is eliminated by cutting. Especially in areas that can see salty sea water, metal studs may corrode even faster.

The vast majority of residential homes built in the US are built using wooden studs. Since EnduraFlood walls can be opened and the wall cavity accessed, the wooden studs can dry out.

Whatever the stud material you have in your home, EnduraFlood has the right fastener method available.

Your product names are funny. What do they mean?

Funny you should mention! :)

Our product names are created in a way that they are memorable and meaningful. This way, it's easier to memorize them.

Here are the basics to understanding the most popular products.


EnduraFlood UNI-TRIM

This is a PVC ribbon trim that can be used as horizontal trim on 1/2" drywall installations, as well as vertical trim between panels on any installation. Hence, its universal, and so its called UNI-TRIM


EnduraFlood MUNI-TRIM

This is the same as UNI-TRIM, except its made from metal (aluminum to be precise). We added the M for metal, so its MUNI-TRIM


EnduraFlood HORI-COR/I

This product is used for horizontal (HOR) corners (COR), more specifically for inside (/I)corners.


EnduraFlood HORI-COR/O

Knowing that HORI-COR/I is used for inside corner, it is easy to conclude (and remember) that HORI-COR/O is use for outside corners.


EnduraFlood UNI-BASE

For every EnduraFlood installation, we use the same baseboard trim. It is universal, hence it is called UNI-TRIM.


EnduraFlood RAILI-HOLD/12

When mounting chair rail trim (like CHAIR-RAIL/A), we need to first mount a trim that holds the chair rail. So, we call is RAILI-HOLD. Since this one fits on a 1/2" drywall, we call is RAILI-HOLD/12


Have more questions about our product names? Using the above as guide and inspiration, we are sure you can come up with their meaning. Give it a try!

I see references to different panels and materials. Which should I use?

There are two type of boards that can be used for an EnduraFlood installation: ENDU-BOARD and 0.42 cement boards.


ENDU-BOARDs are lightweight, smooth panels that are sold and shipped by EnduraFlood in two sizes: 48" wide x 21" high (ENDU-BOARD/24, for a 24"-high trim installation), and 48" wide x 33" high (ENDU-BOARD/36, for a 36"-high trim installation). ENDU-BOARD is easy to cut with a sharp utility or other knife, and they are waterproof. ENDU-BOARD can be painted with common interior acrylic paint. After they are painted, they have a similar texture as commonly available drywall.

Cement panels with a 42" thickness can be purchased at most home improvement stores. They usually come in 3ft x 5ft sizes. While EnduraFlood can't guarantee the suitability of products made by 3rd party vendors, successful installations have used these boards and also these.


Cement boards are heavier than ENDU-BOARDs, and they are harder to cut, especially for the DIY installer. They are usually available locally, and they provide a wonderful texture when painted. Without painting, they also can be used for an "industrial chique" look.


Both types of boards can be used to create stunning results.

Where can I buy EnduraFlood?

EnduraFlood components can conveniently be purchased in our secure online shop

You mention that the panels should always start 3" from the floor. Why is that?

When water enters your home, its not always in the dramatic ways of a flood. Sometimes, there may be a new crack in the foundation wall, and water seeps in, forming just a puddle on the floor. In other cases, water just entered a portion of the floor, and it is unknown how far it actually traveled into the house.


In such and similar cases, it may be helpful to inspect the wall without the removal of the panels.

By leaving a 3" gaps at the bottom of the EnduraFlood wall panels, the system provides easy access to test for moisture in the wall. Since the wall bottom plate is usually 1-1/2" high, there is a 1-1/2" gap that allows for a quick and simple inspection.

Simply remove the EnduraFlood UNI-BASE baseboard molding, then use a flash light or moisture meter to check for water at the bottom of the frame.

For more installation tips, decoration ideas, information about new products, and more, don't forget to subscribe to our email list (don't worry, you can always unsubscribe).

bottom of page